Thursday, January 27, 2011

It's a new year.

well, guess I'm just not that into blogging. Haven't done it for awhile. In the meantime the holidays have come and gone and 2011 is here already. The end of 2010 was quite exciting. I dropped all my classes for medical reasons, the dizzyness and tintinitius didn't get any better. Mary got engaged to Bob in Nov. We met him for the first time at her birthday dinner. She had her surgery in Nov. Then Christmas as she presented me with a sonogram of a 9 week old baby! What a shock to say the least. But I'm happy for her, just worried that the narcotics that she takes for the pain in her back will affect the baby. But they are weaning her off them very quickly so hopefully she can manage. The new stimm seems to be working. She went back to work after the holidays and hasn't smiled since.
Laurel is walking, climbing steps, and beginning to talk. Every time I see her it's something new.
Mark had another interview with a company that bought a product line from Tollgrade. I really thought this was the one. But haven't heard anything since.
My ear is still messed up, I can't hear, I called today for a free hearing aid from the Lion club. We'll see how this goes. At least their willing to help. $1,500 dollars is alot right now.
Now that it's January, I'm trying to finish my reference course on my own so the incomplete can go to a real grade. Guess I'll try and take one over the summer, although with Mary due in July I may not.The class would probably end the week she is due. We should know next month what it is. We're hoping for a girl - at least I know Bob is.
My brother Bob now has a hole in his leg from a hematoma that he got when a TV fell on him as he was trying to replace it after getting new rugs. This happened in Nov. It's now Jan and he is just beginning to heal. He ended up at a wound clinic because he couldn't get it to stop bleeding.
Mary ann is fine, although Jasper is having ACL surgery on his other leg today. I'm sure he is going to love that.
The weather has been really crappy, snow almost every other day and very dreary. I'm really tired of the cold and snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment