Sunday, May 30, 2010

Frustration

OK - we got out of work early on Friday for the holiday, but did I leave, no I decided to stay and get some work done on my project. Fine. But what I didn't realize is that Barco Law and Hillman would both be closed on Sun and Mon. For some reason I cannot use refworks remotely. So I have to wait until Tuesday to finish my project. Also, my computer keeps shutting down with a blue screen. I think it's overheating but I'm not sure. I've propped it up so it's getting air underneath, maybe that will help. To top it off every time I need to do an apostrophe, I am hitting a key with no key, but it's still working sometimes. Until my husband gets a job I have no money to go out an get a new laptop. But I just had a thought, I could borrow one from work. Maybe I'll ask on Monday. This apostrophe thing is really slowing me down.
On top of all that I'm still behind at home, I did get the dishes and laundry done, although I still have some folding to do. I went out early this morning while it was still cool and cleaned the chairs at the pool. My pool is open and the water is warm, but it's so green right now I wouldn't dare get in. Have to get the water sample to the pool place to see what we need. I can't even see the bottom to see how bad the dirt is.

Anyway, writing, as usual, is calming me down and clearing my head. I'll just have to take part of my day Tuesday and get the project done. In the mean time I can get everything else done so I'm caught up in other areas. The project is not difficult, in fact I figured out how to set up google scholar so it just clicks and imports to refworks. Just can't get refworks. I can look at it, just can't import, even though I'm logged in remotely on the Pitt network through ULS.

OK, deep cleansing breath, I should be happy for the beautiful weather. Only problem is it's suddenly gotten too hot during the middle of the day. But the morning and evening are glorious.
I miss having family around on holidays. My family is all in Ocean City. Marks family is all in St. Marys which is north central PA. I guess I should be thankful for peace and quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment